Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Beginning

Hi,

I'm Emily from Aus. I'm creating this blog as part of my assessment for a course I'm doing at university. After completing a Bachelor of Science (Botany) I'm now studying a Masters of Science Communication at the University of Queensland, which involves a lot of journalism/media/writing studies. I hope to end up working in informal science education (teaching science outside the classroom) and/or writing for science magazines, hopefully children's science magazines.

Through this blog I will discuss the controversies surrounding Genetically Modified (GM) food and crops, including how it became a controversy, what is driving it, the science behind the technology, the features of scientific practice which are contributing to the controversy, and how the media is influencing the current debate. I will also talk about anything interesting I find or think of, so please feel free to add your own thoughts to the debate. If you have any questions about this topic, or would like to know anything in particular, please post a comment and I'll most likely answer via a new blog post. This is so everyone can see the answer - chances are you won't be the only person out there with that question!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    Good work! first cab of the rank. So maybe you want to explain what you take to be GM foods and what you take to NOT be GM foods (selective breading?).

    ReplyDelete