Sunday, October 3, 2010

Frameworks (part 1)

Over the next few posts, I will attempt to discover which scientific controversy framework this controversy fits in to.

But to start with – what on earth is a ‘scientific controversy framework’?

Short answer – a model, or ‘framework’, into which all scientific controversies can fit, that can explain the progress of the controversy. These are very generalised, and often describe science in general (as the author sees it), but for the sake of this blog I am applying them to the GM controversy to see which fits best.

As each framework is discussed, I’d like to see if you agree with how I fit the GM controversy into it.

The first framework I will discuss in the next post tomorrow, as talking about it here will make this post far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment